It’s time to follow your passion, deepen your technical skills and feed your intrapreneurship desires! CliftonLarsonAllen Custom Accounting Solutions Team (CAST) is looking for individuals who are seeking work life balance, who can be flexible and who can make a significant contribution to our clients, and still honor their own life and their own time. We are looking for Internal Auditors to meet the growing needs of our clients.
- Assist with creating, implementing, maintaining, reviewing, overseeing and effective risk management framework.
- Leads client internal audits in areas such as financial, operational and compliance audits in accordance with IIA audit standards and within stipulated budgets and schedules
- Performs internal audit engagements of reviewing organizational and functional activities to ensure risks are appropriately identified, associated audit procedures are applied and related controls are designed and operating to mitigate the identified risks
- Assists in the identification of those activities subject to audit coverage, evaluates their significance and assesses the degree of risk inherent in the activity in terms of materiality, cost and schedule
- Leads discussions to obtain detailed understanding of business or functional area processes, systems and applications
- Prepares audit reports under direction of internal audit director for the assigned project and participates in communication to client management about reports, related issues and recommendations
- Performs audit projects in accordance with client standards operating procedures, as well as International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Prepare audit reports addressing findings and recommendations.
- Conduct SOX compliance reviews
- Exhibits a clear understanding of risk based auditing concepts, SOX 404 procedures, and testing strategies
- Work closely with internal and external auditors to coordinate audit timing, control finding remediation and re-testing, and SOX reporting.
- Assist with the SOX risk assessment process
- Identifies gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors. Identifies, responds and/or escalates risks as appropriate.
- Executes periodic controls by ensuring process controls used to mitigate business risks are properly designed and executed.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience BS / BA in accounting a must. CPA, CIA, CISA and/or MBA preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of SOX.
- 5-7 years’ of audit experience in performing audits of financial and operational audits as well as conducting SOX reviews.
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
- Must possess business acumen and credibility to help clients proactively identify and address needs
- High degree of personal initiative
- Familiarity with requirements of COSO Framework a plus
- Proficient with data analytic tools and ERP systems such as SAP
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to travel strongly preferred