Finance Intern – Global Supply Chain
The primary responsibilities of the Supply Chain Finance Intern will be to support the Supply Chain Finance team, the Operations team, and CFO in the development and implementation of analytical reporting. The Supply Chain Finance Intern will apply knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world situations, as well as gain skills and experience that will be necessary to prepare the student for a successful career in finance or accounting.
While specific projects will vary to fit the current business needs, a sample of the types of responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Operations team in developing key metrics to measure operational performance while completing internal/external benchmarking.
- Propose and drive enhancements in financial analysis. Critically review existing business and financial processes and recommend and drive enhancements with business partners.
- Maintain and modify standard reporting on a regular basis, including weekly Sales Flash and bi-weekly Inventory Flash
- Support Supply Chain Finance team, Operations team, and CFO with ad hoc requests and other financial/operational projects (such as Inventory reporting enhancements, SAP updates, and Global Production tracking).
- Create reporting, tools, and presentations supporting the Supply Chain Management team for reviews with Executive Leadership. Provide critical analytical research to support decisions on strategy and improve operations within the Supply Chain. Work closely with finance and operations teams in implementing efforts stemming from recommendations.
- Education / Experience:
- Finance, Accounting, Business, or Economics majors
- Completed coursework should include Corporate Finance, Accounting, and some form of Business Communications / Presentation skills
- Applicants who have completed their Sophomore / Junior year strongly preferred, although Freshman candidates with strong technical skills will be considered
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) including ability to:
- Leverage advanced Excel skills in financial modeling (pivot tables, vlookups, charts/graphs, etc.)
- Model & summarize detailed, complex data in a user-friendly and visually appealing manner
- Process large amounts of data, connecting the dots across various financial & operational metrics to determine the “so what?” business recommendation
- Effectively present findings to management in a clear & concise manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with senior leadership
- Team player, highly organized and achievement oriented…strong work ethic with a can-do attitude
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Self-starter; able to handle multiple demands and competing priorities